Today is National Watermelon Day!! I love watermelon and would eat more of it, but as I am the only one who would eat it in my house I rarely buy it. However I finally gave into temptation and bought a watermelon.
It had been sitting on my counter for a few days and finally I cracked it opened and cut half of it up to make this salad. It made more then enough and I will be eating it over the next three to four days (and hopefully not get sick of it).
The other half of the watermelon will be made into watermelon agua fresca and maybe some watermelon popsicles. Hope you are enjoying the last month of summer and fill up on as many watermelon treats you can!
- ½ large watermelon
- 1 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- Handful mint
- Pinch of sad salt
- Cut watermelon into bite sized cubes, rind removed.
- Peel cucumber and cut into bite sized peices.
- Remove pit from avocado and cut into cubes.
- Add all ingredients to medium sized bowl and toss to mix up.
- Serve immediately or chill for half an hour before serving if you prefer colder watermelon.
- Store in refrigerator, covered for 3-4 days.