Sweet and Sour Salad
Serves: 2-4 Servings
- 4-5 Medium beets
- 1-2 Cup beet greens
- ½ Sweet apple, sliced thinly
- Handful baby carrots
- ½ Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat all beets in oil then wrap in tin foil.
- Roast beets for 30 minutes. Remove and steam for 5 minutes in tin foil. Remove from foil and peel the skin off.
- Combine honey, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Slice beets thinly, a mandolin would be perfect for this, or a sharp knife.
- Toss sliced beets in the dressing.
- Arrange beet greens, apple slices and carrots on plate. Add sliced beets on top and drizzle with any remain dressing.