Although I did a basic recipes you can always add flavouring to the base such as herbs or spices or alcohol. Some truffles are filled in the middle with caramel, fruit or nuts. Most truffles are rolled in a coating. Coatings like cocoa powder, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or a layer of hard chocolate are commonly used.
Truffles are definitely a decadent treat that are sure to please everyone.
- 1½ Cups chopped dark chocolate ( I use Lindt)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 240ml Light coconut milk
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- Handful shredded coconut
- Handful chopped nuts
- Cocoa powder
- Candy cane, crushed
- Chop chocolate up and place in large bowl. Add melted coconut oil and mix to coat chocolate.
- Heat up coconut milk either in microwave or on stovetop. Add to chocolate and stir to combine. Do not stir too quickly, take your time. Stir until the chocolate and milk are combined thoroughly.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, overnight is best.
- (optional) Toss coconut on medium heat for a minute or two or until it starts to turn golden, remove and let cool. Do the same to the nuts. Place coconut, nuts, cocoa powder and crushed candy canes on separate plates.
- Take truffle mixture out of refrigerator and using a teaspoon scoop out little balls. Roll them in your palms to make circle shapes and then roll into a coating.
- Place on a tray and continue this step until all the truffle mix is used. Place the finished truffles back into the refrigerator for at least ten minutes or until ready to serve, if the truffles are more on the soft side you can always put them into the freezer to chill too.