Todays recipe is brought to you by the colours red and white.
To my fellow Canadians and all people around the world, enjoy our nation’s birthday!
What better way to celebrate than with a beautiful delicious gluten free crepe cake!!
I paired mine with some local strawberries, raspberries, cherries and a rosewater infused coconut cream.
Decadent but worth it!
This is a super easy recipe, one I tend to use more often. I used sweet rice flour but any non-wheat flour would work. Basically anything that can create a thin layer of batter without breaking.
I am now going to go eat these in the garden and relax for the rest of the day (well may do some garden work…)
Happy Birthday Canada!
- 4 Cups sweet rice flour
- 4 Eggs
- 4-5 Cups non-dairy milk
- ¼ oil ( mild flavour, like vegetable oil)
- 2 Cans full fat coconut milk, chilled 24 hours
- 1-2 Tbsp rosewater
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in non-stick pan.
- Once oil is hot, ladle in batter, swirl pan around to spread out to all edges. This may take some practice, you want them thin but not too thin that it begins to burn or stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook 1-2 minutes, or until edges begin to curl up. Gently flip the crepe over with a wooden spatula. Cook for a further minute or two.
- Transfer to a plate and continue until all batter is used.
- Coconut Cream:
- Open cans and scoop out the thick cream, discard water or store to use another day.
- Add coconut cream to mixer and whip up on low.
- Add rosewater and whip up on high speed for 2 minutes.
- To assemble cake:
- Place one crepe down on cake stand or plate.
- Add a dollop of cream and spread out.
- Do this again until you have done 4-5.
- On next layer add cream and some fresh fruit, like slice strawberries or raspberries.
- Continue with steps 1-4 until all crepes are done.
- On top of cake add more fresh fruit and a big dollop of cream.
- Serve immediately.
- You can make the crepes a day or two ahead of time, just store them in refrigerator in between layers of parchment paper and in cling wrap.