It may not be snowing outside, but my place looks like a winter wonderland. I decided to go with a “White Christmas” theme this year, meaning lots of snowflakes hanging from my walls and silver and blue decorations. It is the perfect way to enjoy winter without having to deal with winter.
While others can have fun bundled up throwing snowballs at each other I will be sitting pretty in my warm house eating snowballs of my own. A wonderful treat that is sure to please everyone.
These little balls of joy are not for those who wish to stick to healthier treats as they are jam-packed with sugar, but for that melt-in-the-mouth goodness even the most health conscious person should indulge in at least one.
These cookies are perfect to make with kids as it is a super easy and fast recipe. It is also perfect for people who love giving treats as gifts. They travel well and are not going to spoil along the way.
I am going to curl up with a couple of these cookies and a book to enjoy a nice quiet day alone!
- 1 Cup vegan butter, softened
- ¾ Cup powdered sugar
- ½ Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 2 Cups gluten-free flour
- ½ Tsp salt
- ¾ Cup mini chocolate chips
- Additional powdered sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add butter, vanilla and powdered sugar to bowl of stand mixer or large mixing bowl. Whip up on low speed until powdered sugar starts to combine, then turn speed up to medium and whip for 2 minutes.
- Add in cocoa powder, salt and flour and whip up until everything is combined. Scrap down sides to make sure that nothing is missed.
- Gradually fold in chocolate chips.
- With hands or a tbsp shape dough into balls. Place onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until tops start to turn golden. Remove and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, roll in powdered sugar and store in an airtight container.
- Will keep for 2 week or freeze up to 2 months ( I recommend not rolling in powdered sugar if you are freezing them).