On days like this when the rain come down washing away all the colours from the world I can’t help but feel the urge to make something yummy.
I have been waiting for a good time to make some vegan coconut chocolate bars and thought that the weather was a good indication that it was time.
If you love coconut and chocolate, or have ever bought a Bounty chocolate bar then you will be familiar with this recipe. Its a nice treat that takes very little time and ingredients to make. I was able to make these start to end in an 1 1/2 hours.
I tend to gravitate towards homemade peanut butter cups but sometimes its nice to make something different or both.
I recommend doubling the recipe as they are sure to go quickly.
- 2 Cups desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp agave syrup
- ½ Cup coconut cream, separated from the liquids you only want the solid part
- 2 Cups dark chocolate
- Combine all ingredients except for 1 tbsp coconut oil and dark chocolate.
- With your hands shape 1 tbsp worth of mixture into an rounded rectangular shape.
- Chill in refrigerator on a parchment lined baking tray for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or with a bain-marie until just melted, add in the remaining tbsp of coconut oil and stir to combine. Make sure chocolate is not too hot, should be warm to the touch.
- Coat each bar in chocolate and let dry on a cooling rack. To collect dripping chocolate I placed the parchment lined baking tray underneath.
- Put back in refrigerator to firm.
- Bars will keep in refrigerator for one week or in freezer for one month.